Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still an Eagles fan

So the Eagles loss really took a toll on me for the first few hours of my day off on this MLK day. I woke up feeling kind of empty like I just got dumped. Back-to-back championships would have been glorious. I had my sign already planned out for the parade: "City of WINNERS - Thank You Phillies and Eagles." I realize that they lost the NFC title game (again) and would have needed to get past the defensive juggernaut Steelers in the Super Bowl, but hey, I was day dreaming.

You know what though? I don't care if they lose every NFC championship game in a row for the next 20 years. It is silly to get so emotionally involved in something you have no control over. I am dissapointed in myself that I let it bother me so much today.

All I can do is hope that one day they will win it all. Regardless, they are still my favorite professional sports franchise and I will enjoy watching them play - win or lose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am STILL bummed out...stupid sports.

egad apparel said...

Berger, you are the first truly dedicated Eagles fan I've ever met. I thought you guys were extinct. Are there more of you?



Adrian Davis | egad apparel

a said...

erik, the counselor in me appreciates your self-awareness. great insight - you shouldn't get emotionally involved with something you can't control. kind of like people who stay in bad relationships, right? ;) nice seeing you this weekend. say hi to amy please and take care! - Amy