Monday, April 20, 2009

This Guy is Getting Married / I Dream of Pizza

Sorry for the three month blogging hiatus. My life has been pretty crazy lately with helping to run a small business and preparing for the biggest day of my life.

Any new Philly stuff? Hmm, let's see…

I am really into the idea of buying a house in the South Philly neighborhood of Passyunk Square. This has to be some of the best RE in the city in terms of value. The neighborhood is close to Center City but yet it features many of its own amenities including awesome restaurants, great beer bars and even an upscale pet supply store with a double entendre in its name! How swank is that? Although the real gem here is all of the wonderful things that have been there long before this recent yuppification. According to my hours and hours of research you can still find nicely rehabbed row homes in the low $200,000s, not bad considering the first time home buyer $8 grand incentive (Thanks Barry O!).

I know what you are probably thinking... "Erik, you live in a doorman protected fortress on Washington Square with the most kick-ass balcony and view ever. Are you sure you can hang in South Philly?" I'd like to believe that it is in my blood. My parents (especially my Father) grew up not too far away from here. And besides I feel like I am ready to contribute to a neighborhood that I can actually afford to own a home in. Maybe I will join the town watch or be a block captain one day. I want to be a part of something great...and I think Passyunk Square is great.

Amy isn't 100% on board with this yet, but I can be very persuasive.




Now, can anyone recommend a good realtor that knows the area?

1 comment:

a said...

erik, congrats to you & amy on your nuptuals!! i hear the wedding was very fun! glad you updated :)